- Denton, J.C., et al. (2012) Change in Density of Duck Nest Cavities at Forests in the
North Central United States. Journal of Fish and Wildlife Management fwma-03-01-10.3d 6/6/12 16:42:38 76.
- Denton, J.C., et al. (2012) Current and Projected Abundance of Potential Nest Sites for Cavity-Nesting Ducks in Hardwoods of the North Central United States. The Journal of Wildlife Management 76(2):422–432; 2012; DOI: 10.1002/jwmg.271.
- Shirkey, B.T., S.R. Winterstein, and D.R. Luukkonen. 2012. Developing spatially-explicit models to guide conservation of diving ducks during migration. Chapter 5: pages 9-14 in Francoeur, S., L. Cargenellit, A. Cook, J. Hartig, J. Gannon, and G. Norwood, eds. State of the Strait: Use of Remote Sensing and GIS to Better Manage the Huron-Erie Corridor. Great Lakes Institute for Environmental Research, Occasional Publication No. 7, University of Windsor, Ontario, Canada.
- Smith RV, Stafford JD, Yetter AP, Horath MM, Hine CS, et al. (2012) Foraging Ecology of Fall-Migrating Shorebirds in the Illinois River Valley. PLoS ONE 7(9): e45121. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0045121.
- Stafford, J.D., et al. (2007) Wetland use by Mallards During Spring and Fall in the Illinois and Central Mississippi River Valleys. Waterbirds 30(3): 394-402.
- Straub, J.N., et al. (2012) The Journal of Wildlife Management 76(4):768–777; DOI: 10.1002/jwmg.311.
- Thogmartin, W.E., B.A. Potter, and G.J. Soulliere. (2011) Bridging the conservation design and delivery gap for wetland bird habitat maintenance and restoration in the Midwestern United States. Journal of Conservation Planning Vol 7, 1–12.