- Denton, J.C., et al. (2012) Change in Density of Duck Nest Cavities at Forests in the
North Central United States. Journal of Fish and Wildlife Management fwma-03-01-10.3d 6/6/12 16:42:38 76.
- Denton, J.C., et al. (2012) Current and Projected Abundance of PotentialNest Sites for Cavity-Nesting Ducks in Hardwoods of the North Central United States. The Journal of Wildlife Management 76(2):422–432; 2012; DOI: 10.1002/jwmg.271.
- Kahler, B.M. and V.S. Cavalieri (2014) Modelling Great Lakes Piping Plover Habitat Selection during the Breeding Period From Local to Landscape Scales. Upper Mississippi River and Great Lakes Region Joint Venture, Technical Report No. 2014-1.
- Monfils, M.J., et al. (2014) Breeding Bird Use and Wetland Characteristics of Diked and Undiked Coastal Marshes in Michigan.The Journal of Wildlife Management 78(1):79–92; 2014; DOI: 10.1002/jwmg.637.
- Shirkey, B.T., S.R. Winterstein, and D.R. Luukkonen. (2012) Developing spatially-explicit models to guide conservation of diving ducks during migration. Chapter 5: pages 9-14 in Francoeur, S., L. Cargenellit, A. Cook, J. Hartig, J. Gannon, and G. Norwood, eds. State of the Strait: Use of Remote Sensing and GIS to Better Manage the Huron-Erie Corridor. Great Lakes Institute for Environmental Research, Occasional Publication No. 7, University of Windsor, Ontario, Canada.
- Smith RV, Stafford JD, Yetter AP, Horath MM, Hine CS, et al. (2012) Foraging Ecology of Fall-Migrating Shorebirds in the Illinois River Valley. PLoS ONE 7(9): e45121. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0045121.
- Stafford, J.D., et al. (2007) Wetland use by Mallards During Spring and Fall in the Illinois and Central Mississippi River Valleys. Waterbirds 30(3): 394-402.
- Straub, J.N., et al. (2012) The Journal of Wildlife Management 76(4):768–777; DOI: 10.1002/jwmg.311.
- Thogmartin, W.E., B.A. Potter, and G.J. Soulliere. (2011) Bridging the conservation design and delivery gap for wetland bird habitat maintenance and restoration in the Midwestern United States. Journal of Conservation Planning Vol 7, 1–12.